Monday, October 11, 2010

Grilled Naan Bread "Pizza" with Mango Chutney, Prosciutto and Ricotta

This is another Aarti recipe - I really love Indian flavors, and have invested in LOTS of Indian spices, and since Aarti usually makes traditional food with an Indian twist, it doesn't feel like we're eating Indian food every night. Case in point, this yummy pizza. The recipe below is with my changes.

With the creation of my incredibly awesome new HEB, I once again have regular access to great ethnic foods. Yes, I could have driven to Central Market but it just never happens. Plus that place is a madhouse! I spotted the naan bread and the prosciutto on my first visit to HEB. Priorities, you know... Kroger doesn't carry either item. Though they might now that HEB is in town. My local Kroger has renovated completely and added a sushi bar to compete. Sorry, Kroger, not gonna work on me.

This was super easy - start to finish, 20 minutes? HEB is lacking one thing - paneer cheese. So instead I went with ricotta, and it was delicious. Jason has never had paneer so I need to find some soon and let him try it. In the meantime, this pizza could use a variety of cheeses on it (feta would be good, too, but Jason hates it). You could also try a variety of toppings. We both really liked it. Very flavorful and a nice change from a strictly tomato based pizza.

Grilled Naan Bread "Pizza"
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for a kick!)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
A glug extra-virgin olive oil
4 pieces of naan bread 
4 slices prosciutto, diced

Preheat your grill.

In a small saucepan, combine the tomato paste, mango chutney, minced garlic, and water over medium heat, until well combined. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes and then remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.

In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, ricotta, cayenne, cilantro, ground cumin and extra-virgin olive oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.

Divide the tomato-mango chutney sauce evenly among the naans, spreading to coat the top. Evenly divide the cheese mixture among the naans and then add the chopped prosciutto. Throw it on the grill for 3-4 minutes until the crust is crispy around the edges.

1 comment :

  1. This is great! I came across your blog as I was trying to find out what brand of naan it was that I love for naan pizzas...I just don't recall the name! I will have to try your naan pizza variation as well. Check mine out too if you want an Indian twist. I discovered this style of pizza at PIzza Hut in India!

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved