Sunday, November 21, 2010

Frittata Roma

This recipe was really good. I'm a fan of quiche but Jason really hates crust (how is that even possible?) and quiche takes a long time to cook. A frittata has the same feel of a quiche but without the crust and cooks in a fraction of the time.

I got this recipe from my friend, Kathy. You can change up the ingredients and use things you already have on hand. I used my large cast iron skillet for it. Perfect all in one pan dish!

(I sprinkled the top with grated parmesan right before taking the picture!)

Frittata Roma
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced (I used roasted red peppers instead)
1 red onion, sliced
8 ounces fully-cooked Italian sausage, sliced into coins
1 14-ounce can small artichoke hearts, quartered ( I roughly chopped them prior)
1 cup (4 ounces) Provolone Cheese, shredded (I used mozzarella, I had some on hand)
6 eggs
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan Cheese, shredded (I used grated)

Preheat broiler. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat butter. Add sundried tomatoes, peppers and onions; cook 3 minutes until onion is tender. Remove from heat, stir in sausage, artichokes and Provolone.

In medium bowl, beat eggs with basil, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over pepper and onion mixture. Gently toss together. Return skillet to stove over medium-low heat; cook until frittata edges are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Place frittata under preheated broiler, 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Remove from broiler, sprinkle with Parmesan, and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved