Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spinach and Smoked Gouda Stuffed Chicken

This is one of my favorite chicken recipes and I seem to rarely make it - I'm always trying something else, I guess! It's a basic stuffed chicken recipe but it's so rich and delicious that it's perfect for guests (I've made it for dinner guests before). You obviously don't have to stuff it as full as I did; I made too much stuffing to go in just two pieces of chicken and I wasn't about to waste it!

The cheese could change, I suppose, but I just love the rich smoky flavor of smoked gouda. And did I mention that smoked gouda is my favorite cheese ever?

At one time, I had an actual recipe for this but now I just eyeball it. I'm sorry my measurements are not exact - just make it up! This time, I bought thick slices of gouda at the deli counter, so I could buy just enough, and cut it into small pieces instead of shredding. You can see that in the picture (along with where the pat of butter was!).

Spinach and Smoked Gouda Stuffed Chicken
1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
1 box of cream cheese, softened
Shredded smoked gouda - about half a pound for 4 large chicken breasts is plenty
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Butter
Salt and pepper
Ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the cream cheese, spinach and smoked gouda in a small bowl. Sprinkle some nutmeg, salt, and pepper into the mixture. Slice the chicken breasts open to make a deep pocket. Stuff each breast with the cream cheese mixture and place in a greased baking dish. Put a pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken and salt and pepper over top. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved