Monday, February 7, 2011

BBQ Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs

Deviled eggs are the hot item at all family functions on my dad's side of the family. Often, they gone before the meal is even served! I love them, too. A lot.

On last Sunday's episode of Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian she made BBQ Ranch Deviled Eggs and they looked delicious. They were.

I made a few changes - most importantly, the addition of bacon. (Bacon and iced coffee are my two weaknesses. And maybe shoes, too...) What goes better with ranch, green onions, and barbeque sauce than bacon? It just makes sense to add it. I was right; the smoky crunch of crumbled bacon was delicious.

These were very good. I might even up the ranch next time I make them just because (yolk is a pretty strong flavor so the ranch was very subtle as is). Our friends that came over for Super Bowl both seemed to like them as well. I really loved the added BBQ sauce - a nice sweet addition to an old favorite that tied it all together.

I know some people get frustrated peeling eggs. I learned a great tip from Rachael Ray (of all people!) years ago on her show. I bring them to a boil and let them boil about a minute, remove from heat, and let them sit about 15 minutes in the original pot with lid on. Then, I pour all the water and eggs straight into a colander so the eggs will bang up against each other (and crack slightly). Once they are cooled enough to handle, peel them under a light stream of water - the water gets underneath the shell from the cracks and it helps the peel slip right off without any tearing. Works perfect everytime!

Try these eggs and let me know what you think!

BBQ Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs
8 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons ranch dressing
3 tablespoons prepared BBQ sauce
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, putting the yolks in a resealable plastic bag (ziplock) and the whites on a platter. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and ranch dressing to the ziplock, seal, and squish all together with your hands. Once well mixed, push it all into one corner of the bag and cut off the tip to make a pastry bag. Pipe the yolk mixture into the whites. Sprinkle crumbled bacon on each egg and drizzle the BBQ sauce over top (either use a squeeze bottle or pour some into another ziplock and cut a tiny corner for the sauce). Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.

Original recipe here.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved