Monday, May 23, 2011

Crispy Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry

I have a deep love for Asian food - especially the fried type - so I was drawn to this recipe immediately when I came across it on Stephanie Cooks. There are heathier ways to make it but if you're in the mood for a crunchy, breaded chicken dish, this is easy and tasty.

The sauce was easily thrown together with ingredients I had on hand - you can tweak it depending upon what's in your fridge. Stir fry is always an easy, quick way to use up things you have on hand and a great meal for weeknights!

Jason is really not big on veggies - especially cooked broccoli, snow peas, and carrots - so I figured I'd eat that all on my own. Instead, the broccoli soaked up all that delicious sauce and was by far my favorite part of the meal. I'm a huge carnivore and I found myself wishing for just a bowl of the broccoli. Even Jason ate it!

When I make this again, I'll double the sauce recipe. The sauce as written was plenty to coat the vegetables and chicken but not enough to drizzle over the rice.

Crispy Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
2-3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts halves, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup cornstarch
1-2 egg, beaten
Oil (vegetable or canola)
1/3 cup cashews
2 cups fresh or frozen stir fried Asian veggie mix
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp teriyaki or Hoisin sauce

Pour the cornstarch over the diced chicken and toss until evenly coated.

Meanwhile, heat a skillet with a thin layer of oil that just covers the bottom of the pan.

Once the oil is hot, work in batches dipping each piece of chicken in the beaten egg and frying on all sides until cooked through and browned. Remove from the pan.

Add the cashews and veggies to the pan. Stir until heated though.

In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and teriyaki sauce. Stir well. Pour over the veggies and cashews, stirring well.

Return the chicken to the pan, stirring until all chicken is coated in sauce.

Serve with rice, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved