Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grilled Polenta with Corn and Parmesan

I love polenta so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest (originally from Bon Appetit) I knew I had to try it this summer. This recipe is a two step process but it wasn't a big deal to make and was very tasty.

I changed it slightly when I couldn't find stone ground cornmeal - just regular. This actually worked out well since we were hungry and the regular ground polenta only takes about 5 minutes while this recipe said it needed 30 minutes to thicken. I threw the pan into the freezer for just a few minutes so it would cool quickly. I also ended up using a slightly smaller pan than the recipe calls for so my squares wouldn't be so thin.

Be sure and spray down your grill well or your polenta will stick (I lost one in the process!). I also didn't have the grill hot enough to get good grill marks on mine but they were still crunchy on the outside.

This would be great alongside some grilled meat and veggies.

Grilled Polenta with Corn and Parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup corn kernels
3 cups water, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
Additional olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add corn; sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Bring 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk cornmeal and 1 cup water in medium bowl to blend. Whisk cornmeal-water mixture into boiling water; return to boil. Cook until polenta is smooth and thick, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Stir in corn mixture.

Brush 11x7x2-inch dish with oil. Spread polenta in dish. Cool completely. (This can be made 1 day ahead- just cover and chill).

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Cut polenta into 12 squares. Brush both sides with oil. Place on grill; cover grill. Grill until polenta is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, sprinkling with cheese during last minute. Serve hot.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved