Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gingerbread Pancakes

Mmmm, pancakes. I rarely eat breakfast (I know, I know) but I love having breakfast for dinner! Basic pancakes are always a standby meal for us; they're quick, cheap, versatile, and super easy to throw together at the last minute.

I'd never made gingerbread pancakes at home so I was excited to see this recipe posted on one of my favorite blogs, The Homesick Texan. These pancakes are from the Austin restaurant, Magnolia Cafe, and were originally shared with Texas Monthly magazine.

They are thick, cake like, and delicious! The first Sunday of Advent is tomorrow so it's officially time to start enjoying all things Christmas - including these gingerbread pancakes!

Gingerbread Pancakes
3 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brewed coffee
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon nutmeg
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted

Cream eggs and sugar together. Stir in buttermilk, water, and coffee and set aside. In a separate bowl sift together remaining dry ingredients.

Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, then mix in melted butter.

Add more water or buttermilk if necessary, but batter should be thick.

Cook until done on a lightly greased hot griddle or in a heavy skillet (turn once when bubbles appear on upper side and start to break).

Pancakes will be thick and cake-like in texture.

Makes 8 to 10 five-inch pancakes.

1 comment :

  1. I am loving your blog! I've pinned a zillion of your recipes today and I'm still going! Can't wait to see what else you cook up. :)

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved