Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 11 Recipes of 2011

I thought it'd be fun to go back through this year's posts and pull out our very favorites. In case you missed one of these meals from earlier in the year, I hope it'll make it on your menu soon! Thanks for reading my blog this year!

North African Meatballs Over Cousous

The complex sweet and salty combination of these meatballs is ridiculously delicious - and addictive. We couldn't get enough of this great African inspired dish!

Thai Basil Chicken

Though we actually made this with ground turkey, it was a winner of a dinner. The basil flavor, combined with traditional Thai seasonings, made it a top 11 worthy meal.

Herbed Risotto with Chicken and Caramelized Onions

My love for all things rice comes in to play in the first of two favorite risotto dishes. This risotto wasn't difficult at all and incorporated a great combination of flavors - including that of caramelized onions. Yum!

Chile-Honey Glazed Salmon with Black Bean Sauce & Jalepeno Crema

This recipe is truly worthy of being on a restaurant menu. In true Bobby Flay style, it has various layers of flavors and steps that, surprisingly, didn't take that long to throw together. Absolutely delicious!

Honey Lime Enchiladas

You can tell we're Texans - we have not one but two enchilada recipes on this list and I could have included several more as well! This was a nice twist on the enchilada. It was sticky, sweet, and tangy with just a hint of spice. And best of all? A piece of cake to throw together!

Honey-Ginger Pork Tenderloin

I know this pork recipe doesn't sound (or look!) like much but after making it for company - and it being raved about yet again - I realized others really need to know how amazing it is. It really is. And you should make it soon.

One-Pan Skillet Cookie

I said it before and I'll say it again - this recipe is life changing. You throw a bunch of stuff you always have in your pantry into your cast iron skillet and in less than 30 minutes, you're scooping out hot gooey chocolate chip cookie into your bowl and topping it with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Or maybe that's just us?

Bacon and Butternut Squash Risotto

I made this dish fairly recently and it was so darn good, I keep craving it. My mom finished off the leftovers while dogsitting for us and declared it to be one of the best meals she's had in a long, long time. If my momma likes it, you know it's good. This is company worthy and gloriously delicious on a cold day.

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

I really could have included every dish I've made from The Homesick Texan on this list but I tried to restrain myself. Instead, I reminded Jason what I've made of hers and asked which was his favorite. Without hesitation, these enchiladas made the cut. They were just like the ones at our favorite restaurant!

White Chocolate Lemon Truffles

These may or may not have made the list because I'm sitting here snacking on them... but nevertheless, they are fresh, bright, so darn easy to make, and cute. A cinch to throw together and a great addition to your New Years dessert spread!

Orange Chicken - Tastes Just Like Takeout!

Last but not least, a favorite recipe from early this year. This recipe - while not easy or quick - was more delicious than any restaurant Orange Chicken I've tasted and quite satisfying. We will probably only have it once a year but it'll be drool worthy when we do. Treat your family and blow them away with this delicious dish.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved