Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sesame Noodles

I last made these noodles almost two years ago. Hard to believe, but we just rarely repeat recipes in our house. Since it's been awhile, I thought I'd share it again in case you missed it previously.

When I decided to make Honey Lemon Chicken, I knew I wanted something with an Asian flare to go with it. My go-to, of course, is always rice but Jason has been complaining about the surplus of rice we seem to have. So I thought more like a noodle based side and remembered this dish.

It's originally from The Pioneer Woman and is ridiculously easy... and delicious! I can happily eat a bowl of noodles as a meal though previously, I roasted shrimp and threw that in and served it that way. This time, it was a simple side dish that was easy to throw together. We really should have it more often!

Sesame Noodles
12 ounces thin noodles (angel hair, spaghetti, etc) cooked and drained
1/4 cups soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons pure sesame oil
1/2 teaspoons hot chili oil
4 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoon hot water
4 whole green onions, thinly sliced

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and toss.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved