Friday, November 16, 2012

Super Easy Korean Beef Over Rice

Jason walked into the kitchen as I was cooking this meal and said, "that's what we're having - hamburger meat and rice?"

I told him to hold his critique until after tasting it. My friend Jen @ Juanita's Cocina doesn't share bad recipes so I knew it was going to be good.

He didn't seem impressed but agreed to try it.

His dish was clean before mine, and he agreed it was mighty tasty.

{okay, okay - Jason would never say anything like mighty tasty - I'm paraphrasing here!}

This is one of those dishes that is so easy it's ridiculous. Literally, cook the rice at the same time and it'll all be completely done in 15 minutes. And it's so so tasty. Mighty tasty.

And definitely not just "hamburger meat and rice"


Super Easy Korean Beef Over Rice
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbs. sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced (just grate it over the pan!)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. fresh ground ginger
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch green onions, chopped
 
Heat a large skillet with the sesame oil over medium heat. Once the skillet is heated, brown the hamburger and minced garlic until meat is cooked through. Drain all fat from the meat.
 
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.
 
Pour mixture into the skillet over the meat and bring to a simmer. Simmer the meat in the sauce for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and reduces.
 
Serve the Korean beef over rice and top with a small handful of green onions.
 

4 comments :

  1. Easy and very flavorful
    (I did end up adding more salt than I thought).
    ★★★★★

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! I think I would find this 'mighty tasty' too! I'll have to try it because I love Asian style dishes! I'm your newest follower! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later
    organic white rice

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved