Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coffee addict, signing in (Keurig K10 Mini Plus Review + Hot Mocha Java Recipe!)



In our office, only two of us (out of nine!) drink coffee.  I know what you're thinking... what is wrong with these people!? I wondered that, too, when I first landed here and learned of this great tragedy.

While I've been advocating for months that a coffee shop on site would be a great investment, I doubt that will happen anytime soon (read: never going to happen). So, for just two coffee drinkers it doesn't make sense to brew a pot of coffee.

Imagine my excitement when Staples offered to send me a Keurig K10 Mini Plus Single-Cup Coffee Brewer  to review. I knew exactly where that baby was going - my office.

My office has been in transition since I started but it's finally coming together (only took a year!). The new Keurig is the icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned, and now it's a space that I look forward to working in.



Now, I have a coffeemaker that makes GREAT coffee within arms reach! The Keurig Mini Plus holds enough water for a single cup of coffee. Now, some might find that annoying but for an office machine it's perfect! Who wants water sitting for days on end, not being used when you're not in the office? Yuck. 

It's also small, lightweight, and perfect for a desktop! I have mine temporarily on a cheap end table and there is still room leftover for a K-Cup carousel, mugs, sugar, creamer, etc. so it would definitely fit on just about any desk.

You can brew three different sizes - 6 oz, 8 oz, and 10 oz. When you order this model, it comes with a 6 K-Cup variety pack. And of course, there are a bajillion K-Cups out there to choose from.


Look how pretty and shiny it is?


Now you know I can't post about coffee without a recipe! If you want a twist on your usual cup of joe, give this one a shot. Chocolate + cinnamon + coffee = delicious!!


Hot Mocha Java
1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup cream, half n half, or milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 K-Cup

Place chocolate and sugar in mug. Brew your favorite K-Cup into mug and let stand for 30 seconds before stirring until chocolate and sugar melts.

Add cream and cinnamon and stir well before serving.

Source: adapted from Food.com

Full disclosure: Staples.com provided me with these products for review. The thoughts and opinions expressed are strictly my own. Feel free to shop their entire line of coffee makers online.

3 comments :

  1. Coffee lovers have many flavors to enjoy now if you are a coffee addict you will enjoy most of the flavors. I would like to know how many cup of coffee can make you coffee addict?

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been this happy to find such an interesting post. I love those coffee tips there. It’s so helpful. I’m gonna try some ideas of yours.

    ReplyDelete

  3. The content on your site is great. I am impressed

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved