Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Dog Treats



Pumpkin is like a wonder drug for dogs. Did y'all know that? It helps so much with upset tummies and digestive issues. We always keep a can in the pantry just in case. And, the upside is that most dogs go nuts for pumpkin! They love the taste so it's a win-win to feed it.

Since pumpkin is the hot food item of the season, I thought I'd whip up some treats for my pups using leftover canned pumpkin.

Have I introduced my pups before? They're quite adorable, if I might say so myself. And all three are my kitchen buddies - hoping to catch a scrap of whatever is cookin'!

This is Lucy (left) and Harley (right):

And this is Winston:

Wouldn't you want to bake treats for those sweet faces?

Thankfully, these treats are super easy to whip up in just minutes with one bowl and 4 ingredients! The dough is super sticky to just be sure and flour the heck out of everything before rolling.

To say they were hit a hit is a HUGE understatement. Mine flipped for these - even the picky one (that would be Winston!).


Pumpkin Dog Treats
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting) - you could use another type of flour if needed
2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
3 large eggs
3/4 to 1 cup canned pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 300 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. My mixture was very dry so I added a bit more pumpkin - start with 3/4 cup and increase slowly if needed.

Flour your workspace, rolling pin, and hands. Transfer the dough to your workspace and roll to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut using cookie cutters of choice (you can tell I went Texas themed!) and transfer to prepared baking sheet. They won't spread so feel free to put them close together. Reroll and cut as needed until all dough is ready to be baked.

Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on wire rack before transferring to an airtight container. 

They will keep for 2 weeks.

Source: adapted from A Cozy Kitchen

1 comment :

  1. This is great food, This food looks so yummy. It is so important to give your dog quality food.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
    Dog food

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved