Sunday, November 3, 2013

Asian Turkey Meatballs with Sesame Lime Dipping Sauce



This weekend has definitely been November worthy weather. Crisp, breezy, and gorgeous.

One of my favorite things about living in North Carolina are the trees. Man, the trees! There is nothing like them back home and I'm determined to never take them for granted. We have ~35 in our yard which is SUCH a change from the piddly 2 builder basic trees we had at our previous home. The colors are changing, the leaves are falling, and everywhere you drive is a feast for the eyes.

I hope the weather is cooperating where you are and that you're getting to enjoy some beautiful fall weather!

These meatballs popped up in my blog reader recently and I knew it'd be on our menu soon. I'm always looking for ways to use more ground turkey and we both love Asian inspired flavors. They were a hit! The meatballs are easy to toss together and bake while you whip together the super easy sauce. I served them over rice and drizzled with the sauce but I think these would also be PERFECT on toothpicks as an appetizer or party snack.

I thought these tasted exactly like the inside of a potsticker!


Asian Turkey Meatballs with Sesame Lime Dipping Sauce
For the meatballs:
1 1/4 lbs 93%  lean ground turkey
1/4 cup panko
1 egg
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil

For the sauce:
4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp chopped fresh scallion

Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey, panko, egg, ginger, garlic, salt, cilantro, scallion, soy sauce, and oil. Mix until well combined. Shape the mixture into balls about the size of a ping pong ball and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat until all meat is shaped.

Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.

While it bakes, mix together the dipping sauce by combining the soy sauce, oil, lime juice, water, and scallion.

Serve the meatballs with the prepared sauce.

Source: slightly adapted from Branny Boils Over

4 comments :

  1. These look delicious, Aimee! A man recently left me an outraged comment because I used ground turkey in a recipe, and he and everyone he knows hates ground turkey. Yikes! Personally, I use it ALL THE TIME, and I'll be adding this recipe to my must try soon list. Thank you for sharing it with us at Saturday Night Fever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you hate ground turkey?! I use it a lot, too, and my beef loving husband even likes it! Can't please everyone I guess... :/

      Delete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved