Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cheesy Taco Stuffed Poblanos



I'm BACK!!

This summer has been especially wild and I can count on one hand the amount of dinners I cooked at home over the last 2.5 months. This humble blog is my hobby, born entirely out of my love for cooking and new recipes, so it sorta comes to a screeching halt when I don't have time to spend on cooking. My last major summer activity ended last week and I have loved being in the kitchen the last few nights.

These stuffed peppers was one of the few meals I made over the summer and man, were they are a hit! Mild poblano peppers are the PERFECT vehicle for taco meat and cheese. They are so tasty you won't miss the carbs!

Summer may be winding down but we have plenty of grilling weather left so crank up the grill and treat yourself to a plate of these. They aren't spicy - I promise - just flavorful and delicious.


Cheesy Taco Stuffed Poblanos
8 large poblano peppers
1 pound ground beef
8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons taco seasoning + 1/2 cup water
toothpicks

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain any excess fat. Stir in the taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until the water has fully absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.

Carefully cut the top off each pepper so it can be put back on the pepper like a cap. Be careful to not cut into the pepper.

Remove and discard the seeds and membranes from inside the peppers and the cap.

Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and lightly grease the grates.

Divide the cheese and meat into 8 equal portions. Layer the cheese and meat inside the peppers, ending with a layer of cheese. Put the cap back on each pepper and secure with toothpicks.

Grill the peppers, rotating every 5 minutes or so, until the exterior is well charred, the cheese is melted, and the flesh is soft.

Source: See Aimee Cook


No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved