Saturday, January 17, 2015

Parmesan Spinach Dip Poppers



Love Parmesan Spinach Dip? Try it stuffed into bread, baked, and brushed with garlic butter! The ultimate appetizer that's PERFECT for your Super Bowl party!

My husband loves football. I, unfortunately, do not. Matter of fact, I find it so boring that I fall asleep every time he watches a game. When he's watching one and I need to stay awake, I literally head to another room to watch TV. I can't even sit on the couch and surf the net with it on! It has this entrancing sleep inducing sound to it that I can't resist.

The fact that I'm in a near constant state of sleep deprivation probably doesn't help either :)

I DO pay enough attention to the world around me to know that football is sorta a big deal. Especially when play-offs and the Super Bowl come around. My favorite part of the Super Bowl? Parties with loads of appetizers, of course! Even the commercials are mostly disappointing now.

Every year, I go in search of a fantastic appetizer to bring and this would be the perfect choice! You take the typical ingredients of a hot Parmesan Spinach Dip, stuff it into bread dough, and bake it in garlic butter before brushing on every more garlic butter. My favorite part is the Parmesan crust that forms on the bottom. Drooool.....

It's not diet food but who wants healthy stuff at a football party?


Parmesan Spinach Dip Poppers
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 box (9 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 can refrigerated French loaf dough

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin. Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted butter into the bottom of each cup. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon Parmesan on top of the butter.

In a small bowl, mix together the spinach, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/3 cup Parmesan. Shape into 12 (1 1/2 inch) balls. 

Open the can of dough and slice into 12 equal slices. Using the heel of your hand, press each piece into a 3 inch round. Place a spinach ball in the middle of each piece of dough and carefully wrap the dough around the ball, pinching the edges to seal completely. Place seam side down in the muffin cups. 

Bake 17-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes then carefully run a knife around the inside of each cup to loosen it. Brush each popper with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. 

Serve warm.

Source: Pillsbury

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved