Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ham and Spinach Oven Risotto



Love risotto but hate babysitting a pot? This baked risotto is for you! Mostly hands off cooking can still result in the creamy texture we all love. This version uses ham, spinach, and lots of cheese to make it an easy, one dish meal!

I call this recipe my "oh crud" recipe. When I realize I forgot to thaw the chicken for dinner, I know I can toss this dish together in minutes using stuff I find on hand. Don't you love having those recipes in your back pocket? I originally was passed this recipe from a friend and it's one of our favorites! It's creamy, cheesy, and loaded with deliciousness.

The thing is, the ham and spinach can easily be swapped for other stuff. So could the cheese! I've used shredded rotisserie chicken, crumbled bacon, blanched asparagus, and a host of other things I find shoved in my fridge. It all comes out beautifully! That's what makes this recipe so amazing - it's versatile! Ham, spinach, and mozzarella happen to be our favorite combination but you could try any variety of things.


Ham & Spinach Oven Risotto
2 tbsp butter
2.5 cups chicken broth
1 cup Arborio rice 
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups cooked ham, diced (I love using leftover honeybaked ham!)
8 oz shredded mozzarella
2 cups baby spinach

Preheat oven to 400. 

Place the butter in a 9x13 pan and bake 5 minutes or until melted. Remove from oven and stir in broth, rice, garlic, and salt. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes.

Remove from oven, fluff with fork, and stir in diced ham, mozzarella, and spinach. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes to warm through.

Serve hot.

1 comment :



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved