Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spicy Sausage, Spinach, and Mushroom Gnocchi



This 15 minute meal is not only easy to get on the table, it's also delicious! Bonus? It uses one of my favorite foods - gnocchi!

I rarely have an issue finding time to cook (ie, eat!) but I do struggle with getting recipes on the blog. I combed through my files over the weekend and I have a ton waiting to get posted! Since it's quickly becoming spring here - and many other places - I knew I had to hurry and get my cold weather dishes out there before it's too late!

There is something comforting about a big bowl of gnocchi, so this dish lends itself perfectly for a cooler day. That certainly doesn't mean it's too heavy for a warm day - it's not - but it doesn't scream spring like lots of other dishes. It was such a hit at our house (and done in 15 minutes!!) that I had to get it out there for you to enjoy.

Gnocchi can be made at home but in order to pull off a 15 minute meal, store-bought is necessary (and still delicious!). I usually find it near the dried pasta at the grocery store. You can also choose any sausage you love, really, as long as it crumbles. I used Italian for this!


Spicy Sausage, Spinach, and Mushroom Gnocchi
1 (16-ounce) package potato gnocchi
3/4 lb spicy ground sausage
1 small onion, diced
8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 (10 ounce) box chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
salt and pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan, for serving

Bring a pot of water to boil and cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, breaking it into smaller pieces. Once most of the sausage is browned, add the onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add the drained spinach and gnocchi to the skillet and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Top each serving with grated Parmesan and serve hot.

Source: Table for Two

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved