Monday, May 9, 2016

Shrimp Scampi Pizza



All the flavors you love in shrimp scampi... in pizza form! This easy weeknight meal uses just 5 ingredients and is on the table in 30 minutes!

Hey! So I sorta disappeared last week... work was super busy. I have another busy week ahead of me but mid-week, my "busyness" is due to my mom coming for a visit! I can't wait to spend a few days with her - we have some really fun stuff planned.

So, am I the only one who decides to start and finish long neglected house projects in the days prior to a house guest visit? It drives my husband insane and this time, he nixed my idea to completely paint and rehaul our bedroom 3 days before she arrives. But it didn't stop me from finishing a bunch of other small projects and plant flowers (that will promptly die in a few weeks because I will forget about them).

While I'm attacking my growing to-do list, I stock my weekly menu with easy meals so we aren't hitting the drive-through each night. This meal is perfect! It's easy, thanks to store-bought dough and pesto, and so delicious. We loved it! It's bursting with garlic, herb, and cheesy flavors. What's not to like?

Note: It's imperative that your shrimp is very dry before going on the pizza. Once chopped, lay it on paper towels and press gently with additional paper towels until as dry as possible. Otherwise, you may end up with a very liquidy pizza!



Shrimp Scampi Pizza
1 lb pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons pesto (store-bought or homemade)
3.5 cups shredded mozzarella
12 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined, roughly chopped, and patted very dry*

Preheat oven to 450 and spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray.

Roll out the dough and place on baking sheet or stone. In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic and pesto. Using a brush, liberally brush the dough with the pesto/garlic mixture until evenly coated. Top with 2.5 cups of the mozzarella followed by the chopped shrimp. Top with the remaining 1 cup cheese.

Bake for around 18 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven, slice, and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved